Jul 18, 2007

Does this Work?


Cathy and Kirk "Simpson"

I am a Simpson's fan, so I will see the movie. Putting out a website that lets me Simpsonize myself is simply as cool as it gets, but by now you shouldn't be shocked getting that from the Simpsons' franchise.

So I would say this is brilliant, except I'm still not going to patronize the sponsor because of this ad. I don't have anything against Burger King, I just know I don't eat there, and a cool online app isn't going to change my mind.

But BK has been kickin' it, so I guess they know what they're doing. Here's one thing I'll bet... that this "Simpsonizer" becomes one of the most popular things ever on the web. I just can't wait to find out if it really sells burgers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it, also. What will be the gauge to determine if it sells more burgers?

Kirk Lancaster said...

I have no idea how the big marketers measure this kind of tactic. Of course they can know how many people use their Simpsonizer, and I just assume they chalk that up to brand exposure. They do so many things in their marketing plan that I don't know how they measure which one sells burgers. But this is a fact: they're selling more burgers and the things they're doing in the marketing department are working.